Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers cloud services from a business perspective. Topics include the business value of cloud computing, cloud types, steps to a successful adoption of the cloud, impact and changes on IT service management, as well as risks and consequences.
1. Describe the characteristics of cloud services from a business perspective.
2. Identify the value of cloud computing and the effect on business.
3. Compare and critique different cloud types, along with their technical differences and ideal uses.
4. Produce a plan for successful adoption of cloud computing under different, common scenarios.
5. Report on the impact of cloud computing on IT departments and management.
6. Evaluate the risks and consequences of cloud computing.
1. Characteristics of Cloud Services from a Business Perspective
2. Cloud Computing and Business Value
3. Technical Perspectives/Cloud Types
4. Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud Computing
5. Impact and Changes of Cloud Computing on IT Service Management
6. Risks and Consequences of Cloud Computering
1. Students will need frequent access to a computer under which they have administrative rights to configure the computer fully.
2. Students will need frequent and reliable access to the Internet in order to conduct research, participate with the class online using cloud technologies, and accessing the Pioneer Data Center via a secure VPN connection.
3. Students will need access to the course training materials, textbooks, software, online resources as determined in the course syllabus.
A student's grade will be calculated by associating the letter grade with the percentage of points earned by the students divided by the total points possible.