CIS 195 : Web Development I
Web Development I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Explores the use of development tools, HTML and CSS to create valid websites for a variety of topics. Practice site planning, design, navigation, usability and publishing.
1. Know the role of web servers and file management within the Internet infrastructure.
2. Know the basic structural elements of valid HTML5 web pages.
3. Effectively and efficiently use images on web pages.
4. Manage internal and external hyperlinks as part of a site’s navigation system.
5. Use CSS to manage web page design/usability.
6. Use block elements such as divs, sections, tables, and lists.
7. Embed audio and video on a web page.
8. Create web forms for data collection.
- how the Internet works
- HTML structure and elements
- web page images
- cascading stylesheets
- creating links and navigation
- managing web page layout with blocks
- adding media to pages
- creating and styling web forms.
Students will need regular and reliable access to the Internet.
The course letter grade is determined by an accumulation of points from quizzes, assignments, and exams.