Web Development II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Gain a deeper understanding of HTML (for structure) and CSS (for style) while creating multi-page websites suitable for businesses and organizations. Explore web development's more advanced techniques useful for improving usability and user experience. Plan and design websites for desktop and mobile users.
1. Utilize the most recent HTML elements and CSS properties to create and style webpage content.
2. Plan, construct, and style webpage layouts for multiple devices and users.
3. Construct website features commonly found on large website projects.
4. Integrate site management concepts such as SEO and accessibility into a website’s plan, layout, and design.
• Usability and user experience
• Mobile web design
• Advanced HTML elements and CSS properties
• Efficient HTML/CSS syntax
• CSS extension languages
• Large-scale navigation menus
• Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• Designing web forms
• Web developer’s portfolio
Internet access for web-based e-books and learning resources is required.
Students will be assessed (graded) using a mixture of quizzes, assignments, application-based exams, and a project.