Introduction to Criminology
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Interdisciplinary approach to theoretical perspectives on the causes, treatment and prevention of crime.
1. Students will demonstrate knowledge of the basic parameters regarding crime, criminals and society’s response to criminal behavior.
2. Students will demonstrate the ability to compare theories of criminology.
3. Students will exhibit knowledge of the intricacies of addressing victim and perpetrator behavior and the assignment of blame and or responsibility.
4. Students will analyze the influence of individual values, beliefs and experiences on the larger society’s approach to crime and criminal behavior.
5. Students will develop am understanding of the disparity of justice by gender and race and multicultural aspects of the criminal justice system.
General education/Related instruction lists