CJ 110 : Law Enforcement
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Surveys the roles and responsibilities of local, state and federal law enforcement agencies in American society. Looks at historical development, role concept and conflicts, professionalization, current enforcement practices and career opportunities.
1) Students will be able to identify the foundations which have helped shape modern law enforcement.
2) Students will recognize the organizational structures of modern police agencies.
3) Students will understand what new strategies are currently being employed by modern law enforcement agencies.
4) Students will also become aware of innovations which have changed how police services are delivered to the public.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Social Science