CJ 120 : Judicial Process
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Examines the history and development of court systems and processes in the American justice system. Organization, administration and roles of the federal and state courts are examined, as well as distinctions between civil, criminal and appellate courts.
1. Knowledge of the Federal and State Court systems and the tiered system within each court.
2. Ability to recognize the members of the courtroom work group and their responsibilities.
3. Recognition of the steps in a criminal trial and the appeals process in the Federal and State level courts.
4. Understanding of the United States Supreme Court and ability to analyze some of the decisions made from each court era.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Social Science