CJ 201 : Introduction to Juvenile Justice
Introduction Juvenile Justice
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces the historical reason for establishment of juvenile courts in the United States, current juvenile justice process, and functions of various components within the system. Prevention, intervention and rehabilitation aspects are covered in terms of Oregon's juvenile court law, as well as potential alternatives for change.
1. Competency with regard to the nature and causes of juvenile delinquency.
2. Knowledge of current strategies used to prevent and control the occurrence of juvenile delinquency.
3. Ability to identify problem areas that influence juvenile delinquency.
4. Understanding of the stages of change.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Social Science