Criminal Investigation I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Examines history, fundamentals and scientific resources involved in criminal investigation. Emphasizes practical aspects of the investigator's approach to criminal acts, crime scene, gathering facts and information, seizing evidence, reporting the total investigation and presenting evidence within court.
1. Students will become familiar with multiple techniques and procedures involving crime scene processing and management.
2. Students will become familiar with the scientific services available to the criminal justice professional to aid in case investigation.
3. Students will understand various forms of evidence including court rules of evidence.
4. Students will be introduced to various interviewing techniques of witnesses, suspects, and victims.
5. Students will be introduced to techniques and legal rules involving the arrest/detention of suspects.
General education/Related instruction lists