CJ 211 : Criminal Investigation II
Criminal Investigation II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Reviews fundamental and scientific resources involved in criminal investigations. Examines in depth criminal investigation techniques and skills necessary to conduct investigations into the more serious and complex crimes.
1. Apply analytical skills to social phenomena in order to understand human behavior.
2. Apply knowledge and experience to foster personal growth and better appreciate the diverse social world we live.
3. Students will be able to recognize the proper procedures for investigating serious crimes. This includes locating and identifying witnesses, collecting evidence and interview and interrogation methods.
4. Students will become familiar with the scientific services available to the criminal justice professional to aid in case investigation.
5. Students will be able to distinguish between degrees of crimes and penalties for each.
6. Students will examine elements for several serious offenses including murder, robbery, rape and arson.
7. Students will be introduced to and be able to identify criminal profiles.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Social Science