Criminal Investigation II
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Reviews fundamental and scientific resources involved in criminal investigations. Examines in depth criminal investigation techniques and skills necessary to conduct investigations into the more serious and complex crimes.
Course learning outcomes
1. Recognize the proper procedures for investigating serious crimes, including locating and identifying witnesses, collecting evidence, and interview and interrogation methods.
2. Describe scientific services available to the criminal justice professional to aid in case investigation.
3. Distinguish between degrees of crimes and penalties for each.
4. Examine elements for several serious offenses, including murder, robbery, rape, and arson.
5. Identify criminal profiles.
General education/Related instruction lists