CJ 282 : CWE Criminal Justice III
CWE Criminal Justice III
Pass/No Pass grades
Contact hours total
CJ 281 and instructor approval.
Provides a continuing opportunity to work for a local agency in a field of criminal justice with on the job experience (see CJ 280). P/NP grading.
1. Apply basic economic cost-benefit analysis to contemporary social, political and economic issues. Understand the uses and limits of cost-benefit analysis.
2. Use basic economic vocabulary to read and understand newspaper and magazine articles about political and economic topics.
3. Apply economic knowledge to social problems of personal interest.
4. Build on the economic knowledge and experiences gained in this course to continue life-long learning about our diverse social world.
5. Understand the roles of the diverse array of people and institutions that make up the American capitalist system.
6. Appreciate the historical origins of contemporary economic institutions.
7. Apply economic reasoning to the civic and social obligations of citizenship in a democracy.
8. Distinguish between effective and ineffective government interventions into the American market system.
9. Describe the role of government in protecting the environment, promoting competitive markets, diminishing poverty and providing public goods.
10. Explain the general roles of the free market and government in the American mixed economy.