CUL 203 : Food Truck Operations
Food Truck Operations
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
CUL 170 or instructor approval.
Learn and apply the fundamentals of owning and operating a food truck or cart. Utilize the tools needed to formulate a food truck concept and turn it into a standardized plan. Focus on menu planning, truck/cart design and location, federal/state/local regulations, and licenses and permits. Design, cost and create a budget for a mobile food unit, while developing the necessary skills for succeeding in the food-service segment of mobile food truck/cart ownership. This course requires local travel.
1. Demonstrate basic food truck operations.
2. Describe the duties and responsibilities of a food truck operator.
3. Demonstrate preparedness for serving the public within the confines of a food truck/cart.
4. Apply safety and sanitation practices for food trucks/carts.
5. Learn and apply mobile food operation marketing principles, website management, social media channels, and location advertising.
• Food service equipment
• Food truck licensing
• Food truck permits
• Food truck design
• Menu development
• Truck maintenance
• Truck ownership
• Service locations
Requires uniform and culinary arts tool kit available at the COCC Bookstore.
Grades will be determined by daily competency based applied learning activities, midterm, and final exams.