Event Planning Execution
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
This course examines the varied ways in which banquets and catering events may be executed. Terms relating to equipment, food preparation, service and presentation will be discussed. Students will prepare a menu each day, following the principles and techniques associated with preparing and serving food to large groups, as well as concentrating on principles of modern batch cookery. An emphasis will be placed on maintaining quality and foundational cooking methodology. Students will also learn how to organize, plan and operate a banquet kitchen. Cooking applications are at an advanced level in preparation for later work in the public restaurants.
Course learning outcomes
1. Create menus for a variety banquets, catered and themed events.
2. Illustrate various table and food service areas for banquets, catered and themed events.
3. Identify the equipment needed to produce banquets, catered and themed events.
4. Review food preparation techniques and the challenges associated with preparations for large groups.
5. Evaluate staffing needs for small, medium and large groups.
6. Plan and compare banquet kitchen operations from an organizational perspective.
7. Prepare foods using principles of modern batch cookery.
8. Create menus for a variety banquets, catered and themed events.
9. Illustrate various table and food service areas for banquets, catered and themed events.