Adv Skill Devel Competition
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
BAK 170 or CUL 170.
Explore the world of culinary competitions by practicing time management, organization, teamwork, accountability, and learning classical and modern culinary techniques. Practice hot and cold food competition with an emphasis on competing at national and international competitions.
Course learning outcomes
1. Demonstrate classical knife cuts with speed and accuracy.
2. Demonstrate classical pastry techniques.
3. Demonstrate classical butchery techniques.
4. Demonstrate professionalism standards relating to appearance, conduct, safety, sanitation, and organization.
5. Create a menu incorporating classical cooking and modernist techniques.
- Knife skills
- Menu development
- Menu design
- Food flavors
- Food textures
- Food appearance
- Recipe development
Requires uniform and culinary arts tool kit; available at the bookstore.