CUL 280 : Culinary Arts Industry Internship
Culinary Industry Internship
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Serves as a supervised work experience within the culinary arts industry designed to expand career knowledge and experiential confidence while increasing knowledge, speed, timing, organization and ability to execute industry skills on a repetitive basis. Students will receive a diverse work experience that is designed on a systematic rotation of different stations in the kitchen, dining room and general operations positions. Students can complete 100% of the experience in competencies that are relevant to the program curriculum, as it is outlined in the course syllabus and internship agreement. The internship is concluded by a final supervisor evaluation.
1. Synthesize the process of classical and contemporary cooking techniques and demonstrate proficiently.
2, Demonstrate a comprehension of flavor profiling, ingredient selection, nutrition, and presentation principles.
3. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of culinary industry-specific equipment.
4. Apply diligent food and beverage management, leadership, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
4. Identify and apply rigorous food safety and sanitation practices.
5. Demonstrate basic measuring, conversion, food costing, and yield management practices.
6. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of culinary industry-specific communication.