DA 115 : Dental Science
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Explores the following areas of study: basic anatomy and physiology, head and neck anatomy, dental embryology, oral histology, anatomy of the face and oral cavity and tooth morphology.
1. Apply dental nomenclature accurately both orally and in writing.
2. Interpret the differences between primary, mixed and adult dentition.
3. Explain the development, form and function of selected structures of the oral cavity.
4. Identify and illustrate key anatomical components of the head and neck.
5. Identify basic elements of body systems and functions most relevant to the dental field