Dental Assisting Practicum II
Pass/No Pass grades
Total contact hours
DA 131, DA 150, DA 160, DA 182.
A supervised, unpaid learning experience which takes place on site at a minimum of two prearranged clinical facilities. Provides students with the opportunity to perform clearly identified competencies within the clinical setting. Each credit is equivalent to 30 hours in the clinical setting. P/NP grading.
Course learning outcomes
1. Apply the theory and pre-clinical skills acquired fall term to the patient care situations found in their respective practicum dental office.
2. Treat the practicum experience as employment by assuming the duties and responsibilities of an employed dental assistant.
3. Provide accurate and detailed records of the practicum experience, including the following: dates, days and times of attendance; detailed accounts of observed and performed clinical procedures; weekly reflective journal entries of their experience in the dental office.
4. Respectfully and confidentially participate in active sharing of their practicum experience with the instructor and their fellow classmates during the weekly seminar class.
5. Evaluate and summarize both the positive and negative aspects of the practicum experience.