UX Design Principles
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Introduces the fundamental design principles of User Experience (UX). Emphasizes how to analyze and apply principles to UX design. Builds on concepts from UX Research Methods.
Course learning outcomes
1. Apply the fundamentals of UX Design Principles.
2. Apply industry standards and expectations for these Design Principles.
3. Apply usability and interaction design.
4. Use UX-specific terminology to analyze work, and to receive and provide feedback.
- Visual Design Principles
- Information Architecture Principles and Frameworks
- Refining Your Sitemap/Workflow with Card Sorting
- Consider mobile-first or web-first design
- Navigation for Mobile and Desktop
- Design Patterns for Mobile and Desktop
- Usability Heuristics and Interaction Design
- Constructive critique: giving and receiving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
General education/Related instruction lists