Product Design Fundamentals
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Preparation for safely operating and maintaining a product workshop. Provides hands-on training setting up efficient production workflow plans for product fabrication. Develops skills to design and fabricate products, branding, packaging, and presentations. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Safely operate and maintain workshop equipment and tools.
2. Apply workflow standards for efficient product creation.
3. Develop a product using the design process.
4. Design product branding and packaging.
5. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Workshop safety and efficient product production workflow
- Product design and development
- Product fabrication, prototyping, and product testing
- Product photography
- Branding and package design
- Product presentations and pitches
- Exhibition design
- Constructive critique: giving and receiving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
General education/Related instruction lists