3D Modeling: Basics
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Provides the tools and techniques to create 3D models, technical drawings, product renderings, and 3D prints using industry-standard design software. The skills developed during this course facilitate communication with clients and are applicable to design industries worldwide. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Design and render digital products using industry-standard design software.
2. Produce accurate technical drawings to facilitate communication with engineers and fabricators.
3. Create presentations that clearly communicate design elements and plans with clients.
4. Apply design standards to generate 3D models for 3D printing.
5. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- History of computer aided design and drafting
- 3D model designs
- Render products
- Generate technical drawings
- Prepare 3D models for 3D printing
- 3D print product designs
- Constructive critique: giving and receiving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
General education/Related instruction lists