3D Modeling: Intermediate
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Provides the tools and techniques to digitally design and test innovative products, produce custom product renderings and animations, and generate CAD models from 3D scanning for 3D printing. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Digitally design and test innovative products using industry-standard design software.
2. Produce custom product renderings and animations that align with design standards and principles.
3. Generate accurate and technically-sound CAD models from 3D scans.
4. Create 3D print design that align with design standards and principles.
5. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Multi-part mold design
- Sheet metal design
- Generative design
- Product testing simulations
- Advanced product rendering and animation
- 3D scanning
- 3D printing
- Constructive critique: giving and receiving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
General education/Related instruction lists