ED 152 : Family, School and Community Relationships in ECE
Family, School, Com. Relations
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces communication skills needed to enhance partnerships between families, schools and communities in early childhood education. Three hours of supervised weekly field placement required.
1. Examine the issues and challenges associated with how the home, school, and community affect the lives of children, and how children, in turn, affect these social settings.
2. Explore the resources available in the home, school, and community that support the care and education of children and their families.
3. Begin to explore effective strategies in developing collaborations between home, school, and community in the care and education of children and their families.
4. Understand models of effective home-school-community collaboration programs available.
5. Apply analytical skills to social phenomena in order to understand human behavior.
6. Apply knowledge and experience to foster personal growth and better appreciate the diverse social world in which we live.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Social Science