ED 219 : Multicultural Issues in Education Settings
Multicultural Issues in Educ
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Examines the context of working with students, school, communities and workplaces. Explores the diversity of learners, learning cultures (urban, suburban, and rural) and the diversity among learners within those different cultures. Considers the influence of culture on one's learning.
1. To develop an understanding among educators of the cultural diversity among students and the influence of culture on teaching and learning.
2. To foster personal reflection among students about the ways in which unconscious biases may affect their teaching practice.
3. To develop skills in teaching in a multicultural educational setting and in interacting effectively and appropriately with students and their families.
4. To evaluate the critical components of multicultural and anti-biased education and curriculum reform.
5. To integrate multicultural perspectives and topics into teaching practices.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Related Instruction/Human Relations
- Discipline Studies/Social Science
- Discipline Studies/Cultural Literacy