Adv Curr Dev Tch Meth in ECE
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
WR 121Z, ED 140, ED 150, and ED 151.
Compares and contrasts various teaching methods for children ages 3 to 8 years. Focuses on constructivist teaching methodology and strategies, based on best practices in early childhood education. Three hours of supervised weekly field placement required.
Course learning outcomes
1. Demonstrate ability to compare and evaluate major models of education in early childhood, including behaviorist, constructivist, and traditional approaches.
2. Demonstrate ability to integrate learning into common children’s activities.
3. Examine the curriculum process in early childhood education.
4. Identify the components of developmentally appropriate, healthy, safe, and culturally sensitive experiences for young children.
5. Develop skills in designing developmentally appropriate curriculum activities for children in various developmental domains.
6. Evaluate curriculum activities designed for young children in an educational setting.
7. Examine major theoretical models and historical perspectives used in curriculum development in ECE.