Emerg Response Pt Transport
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Covers fire apparatus, ground and air ambulance operations, laws, maintenance, safety, emergency response driving, and route planning. Includes a mandatory field-driving course. Required prior to first class: valid Oregon driver’s license.
Course learning outcomes
1. Identify different types of transport systems and procedures, to include patient loading and lifting, air and ground transportation.
2. Define the elements that make a successful transport system and safe apparatus operator, including air brakes and other specialized vehicle systems.
3. Identify hazards within a given scenario and identify how to mitigate safety concerns.
4. Perform a thorough inspection and correctly identify any symptoms of malfunction or items requiring repair with a given inspection checklist.
5. Perform safe driving abiding by all laws and regulations.
- legal aspects - rules, statutes and policies
- apparatus maintenance and checks and safety
- apparatus placement, lifting and moving
- emergency driving
- proactive driving
- traffic management
- crash scenarios and study
- ambulance and apparatus checks
- hand on lab: driving course
- crash study presentations
- transport modes and route planning
- air transport modes and procedures
Oregon Driver's manual provided on oregon.gov.
Student must possess an Oregon Driver's license.