EMT 171 : Emergency Response Patient Transport
Emerg Response Pt Transport
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers ambulance operations, laws, maintenance, safety, emergency response driving, and route planning. Includes mandatory ten-hour field-driving course. Required prior to first class: valid Oregon driver’s license.
1. Identify different types of transport systems.
2. Define the elements that make a successful transport system and safe apparatus operator, including air brakes and other specialized vehicle systems.
3. Identify hazards within a given scenario and identify how to mitigate safety concerns.
4. Given an inspection checklist, preform a thorough inspection and correctly identify any symptoms of malfunction or items requiring repair.
5. Perform safe driving abiding by all laws and regulations.