EMT 195 : Crisis Intervention
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Prepares the student to deal with situations facing both the patient and caregiver. Included are all facets of crisis intervention techniques and recent advances in critical incident stress debriefing intervention.
1. Students will be familiar with the basic crisis intervention and communication skills
2. Students will be able to recognize people in crisis due to a variety of reasons including death, domestic violence, substance abuse, mental illness or trauma.
3. Students will demonstrate an ability to assess their own stress levels and coping skills associated with personal and professional stress.
4. Students will examine personal biases in respect to dealing with human diversity.
5. Students will be able to recognize signs and symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder and basic intervention tactics for emergency personnel.