EMT 298 : Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
Prehospital Trauma LifeSupport
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
In the Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) course, you will reinforce and enhance your skills in the treatment of trauma-associated patients through active participation in a series of simulated traumatic emergencies. These simulations are designed to reinforce the important concepts of systematic approach to recognition, assessment, and treatment of a multitude of multisystem trauma patients. After successful completion, students will receive an NAEMT PHTLS card.
1. Describe the physiology and kinematics of injury
2. Understand the need for rapid assessment of the trauma patient.
3. Develop level of knowledge in regard to examination and diagnostic skills
4. Enhance performance in the assessment and treatment of the trauma patient
5. Increase the level of competence in regard to specific prehospital trauma intervention skills