Intro to Engineering I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
MTH 111 or higher or minimum placement into Math Level 20.
Explores the spectrum of engineering programs along with professional and academic expectations. Builds basic team skills in a problem solving environment. Identifies significant academic tools and resources to advance critical thinking skills. Analyzes and fabricates possible solutions to engineering challenges.
1. Assess an engineering program based on professional field activities and related engineering disciplines.
2. Evaluate the utility of disciplinary resources.
3. Apply professional codes of conduct and ethical practices in the field.
4. Model inclusive and socially just teamwork skills.
5. Design and fabricate a solution to a discipline-related problem.
6. Employ best practices for communicating technical concepts.
Practice Engineering Problems
Practice Teamwork Skills
Practice Communication Skills
Students will need calculators, access to the network, and access to suitable computer resources for software and other tools necessary for the projects in this course. The purchase of hardware for any project will be required.
Evaluation of student success will occur through homework, quizzes, project assessments, and presentations both individually and through group work.