ENGR 212 : Dynamics
Standard letter grades
Studies kinematics, Newton's law of motion, and work-energy and impulse-momentum relationships as applied to engineering systems.
1. Identify and apply kinematic and dynamic equations for a particle in Cartesian, cylindrical and path coordinates.
2. Apply methods of work-energy and impulse-momentum to describe the motion of a particle.
3. Apply the parallel axis theorem to determine moments of inertia of a body for specified axes.
4. Apply relative motion concepts using translating and rotating reference frames for 2-dimensional systems.
5. Apply Newton’s equations to solve problems involving rigid bodies in plane motion.
Kinematics - curvilinear motion, kinematics - relative motion, kinetics and equations of motion, kinetics - work and energy methods, kinetics - impulse and momentum, impacts, angular momentum, rigid body kinetics - relative motion and rotating axes, kinetics - force and acceleration, equations of motion - force and acceleration
A required Dynamics textbook.
Grades will be given for homework, quizzes, exams and a final exam.