S-248 Status/Check-In Recorder
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
FEMA I-200, L-180 Human Factors, and basic computer skills.
Introduces tools and techniques used to perform the duties of a status check-in recorder (SCKN). Provides an overview of what a student can expect if dispatched to an incident. This is an NWCG certified course.
Course learning outcomes
The following learning outcomes are those of the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG).
1. Set up and manage a check-in/check-out station.
2. Process information using incident automation software and other paper based methods.
3. Package incident data and reports for distribution according to the incident protocols.
4. Plan and prepare resources to assist with demobilization.
• Status/Check-In Recorder Position Overview
• Mobilization Process
• Arrival at the Incident - Locating, Organizing, and Maintaining a Check-in Station
• Required Check-in Information
• Processing the Information
• Resources Status Cards, ICS-219
• Current Incident Automation Software (CIAS)
• Information Management (Output)
• Information Exchange
• Planning, Preparing, and Demobilization of Resources
All material is provided to the student.