S-270 Basic Air Operations
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Covers aircraft types and capabilities, aviation management and safety, tactical and logistical uses of aircraft, and requirements for helicopter take-off and landing areas. NOTE: The regulations, procedures, and policies addressed in this course are primarily those governing federal agency and incident command system operations. State, county, and other political subdivisions using this course will need to consult their agency having jurisdiction with respect to regulations, procedures and policies. National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) certified course.
Course learning outcomes
1. Explain the different functions of air operations.
2. Describe aircraft types and capabilities.
3. Identify and describe the responsibilities in aviation management and safety.
4. Define and describe tactical and logistical use of aircraft.
The learning outcomes are those of the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG).
- Aircraft types and capabilities
- Aviation management and safety
- Aircraft missions
- Helicopter operations
All material is provided.