Pass/No Pass grades
Total contact hours
Designed as a self-assessment opportunity for individuals preparing to step into a leadership role. Includes one day of classroom instruction followed by a day in the field with small teams of students working through a series of problem-solving events (Field Leadership Assessment Course). Includes leadership values and principles; transition challenges for new leaders; situational leadership; team cohesion factors; ethical decision making; after action review techniques. National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) certified course. P/NP grading.
Course learning outcomes
1. Explain fundamental leadership principles.
2. Assess their individual traits and motivation for entering into a leadership role.
The learning outcomes are those of the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG).
- The art of leadership
- Foundations of leadership
- Follower to leader: the transition
- Situational leadership
- Team cohesion
- Ethical decisions
- Leadership in action: the after action review
- Putting it in practice
- Field Leadership Assessment Course (FLAC)
All materials are provided.