S-330 Task Force/Strike Team
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
FIRE 230 and FIRE 290.
Prepares the student to perform in the role of task force leader (TFLD) or any strike team leader. Examples and exercises are specific to wildland fire suppression. The student is expected to perform in high risk simulations. This is an NWCG certified course and students are required to be qualified as any single resource boss.
Course learning outcomes
1. Demonstrate the ability to apply the risk management process found in the Incident Response Pocket Guide (IRPG) to various incidents.
2. Identify and describe the responsibilities of a task force/strike team leader (TFLD/STRC, STEN, STEQ).
3. Demonstrate the ability to apply appropriate tactics with assigned resources organized into strike teams or task forces.
The course learning outcomes are those of the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG).
- Pre-incident and mobilization responsibilities
- Tactical engagement
- Post engagement
- Responsibilities and assessing risk
- Military assignments
All material provided to the student.