FOR 195 : Wilderness Concepts
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduction to concepts of wilderness and wilderness management principles. Introduction to the history of wilderness and the National Wilderness Preservation System.
1. Discuss the definition of wilderness and the origin of the legal wilderness designation in the United States.
2. Explain the historical origins and importance of wilderness in U.S. history.
3. Name and explain the importance of the key players in the preservation of wilderness in the United States.
4. Explain the concepts of Recreational Opportunity Spectrum and Limits of Acceptable Change in the management of Wilderness in the United States.
5. Explain the basic concepts of current wilderness management in the United States.
6. Explain past and current ethics when using wilderness areas.