FOR 240A : Forest Ecology
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Provides students with an overview of basic plant structure and function and introduces students to functioning of forest ecosystems. Class will examine the physical environment and how it affects growth and distribution of organisms and ecological processes. Course concludes with an examination of communities, disturbance and succession.
1. Understanding of basic concepts in botany, including plant structure and function.
2. Ability to identify the major components of a forest ecosystem.
3. Familiarity with ecosystem functions and processes, with special emphasis on forest ecosystems.
4. Understanding of basic community ecology, including competition and disturbance ecology.
5. Understanding of basic concepts in forest succession.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Science No Lab