FOR 241B : Dendrology
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers identification, classification and distribution of plant communities (tree, shrub, forb and grass) found within Oregon and major North American plan communities. This class covers in lecture format the structure and function of the primary organs and tissues that comprise woody plants. This course is the classroom portion of FOR 241A. Course does not need to follow FOR 241A.
1. The student will use appropriate terminology to describe leaf and plant parts.
2. The student will be able to describe the different forest regions of the U.S.
3. The student will be able to list the major tree species of each forest region.
4. The student will be able to describe the major vegetation types of Oregon.
5. The student will be able to describe the biological classification system.