FR 102 : First Year French II
1st Year French II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
The second course of a three-course sequence in French. Continues the development of reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Particular emphasis on short interactions regarding everyday life.
1. Recognize familiar words, phrases and expressions when spoken.
2. Speak using simple expressions about familiar topics and present simple information about yourself.
3. Read short simple paragraphs in French.
4. Write short interactions related to everyday life, using simple sentences.
• Introduction to Information questions.
• Negative sentences
• Talk about daily activities, the weather
• The verb “faire” and it’s expressions
• Information questions (getting to know someone).
• The immediate future (going to..)
• The immediate past (I just…)
This course will use a textbook and handouts distributed in-class. Students will also be expected to access web-based exercises associated with the textbook.
Grades will be determined by weekly quizzes and homework assignments, in-class oral skits and presentations, short writing assignments, and an oral and written final exam.