FR 202 : Second Year French II
2nd Year French II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
FR 201 or four years of high school French.
Continues the work of FR201, reviewing, expanding and perfecting pronunciation, structure and vocabulary for the purpose of active oral and written communication. Increasing emphasis on writing and reading skills. Incorporates culture in all aspects of the course; class taught mostly in French. Course should be taken in sequence.
1. Narrate and/or describe in the present
2. Narrate and/or describe in the past
3. Discuss hypothetical situations
4. Express hopes, desires, and doubts
5. Make suggestions
6. Express opinions
7. Initiate conversation and/or questions
8. In non-technical terms describe, discuss or question the following topics: Current issues and Relationships: friendships, family, society
9. Social Situations – Use language that reflects an understanding of the cultural aspects of social situations (e.g., formal and informal ways of addressing others).
10. Linguistic and Nonverbal Behavior – Begin to understand the cultural messages reflected in linguistic conventions (e.g., various forms of leave taking) and in non-verbal behaviors (e.g., culture specific hand gestures and facial expressions).
11. Begin to recognize cultural differences and nuances between the numerous French-speaking areas of the world (e.g., France as compared with various African French-speaking countries.)
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Arts and Letters
- Discipline Studies/Cultural Literacy