FW 212 : Survey of Northwest Birds
Survey of Northwest Birds
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
This course is an introduction to bird systematics, and surveys ecologically, economically, and socially important bird species in the Pacific Northwest with an emphasis on field identification and basic life history.
1. Identify orders of birds found in Oregon.
2. Use field guides to accurately identify Pacific Northwest birds.
3. Keep legible field notes which demonstrate future scientific value.
4. Identify 116 species of Pacific Northwest birds by sight and 34 species by call or song.
5. Implement basic avian survey techniques to detect presence/absence of Oregon birds.
6. Identify probable bird species occupying various upland habitats in Oregon.
7. Identify the ecological role and/or economic importance of selected birds.