Rivers, Lakes and Springs
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Explores Central Oregon’s water bodies with emphasis on their interactions with the volcanic landscape. Meets for lecture followed by all-day field trip to sites in Central Oregon. Appropriate for non-majors.
1. Make accurate observations about geologic features.
2. Suggest reasonable interpretations about geologic features, using content knowledge and observations.
3. Construct multiple working hypotheses about geologic features.
4. Test hypotheses by exploring the landscape for additional evidence.
5. Communicate an in-depth understanding of geologic features and processes using labeled sketches.
• Volcanism in Central Oregon
• Hydrology of Central Oregon, including surface water (rivers lakes) and groundwater (springs)
• Lava - Water interactions
• Human - Water interactions
Field trips will occur in place of on-campus labs, with options to ensure accessibility for every student. Transportation will be provided.
Grades will be determined by exams, homework and field trip participation.
General education/Related instruction lists