Human Geography: Enterprise
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
WR 060 (or higher) or minimum placement Wr/Comm Level 5.
Introduces the distribution and relationship of economic activities across space. Integrates ideas related to business, international relations, and sustainability into a global and geographic framework.
Course learning outcomes
1. Analyze economic variations around the globe with maps and spatial data.
2. Analyze the location and movement associated with the five sectors of the economy and their contribution to a region's level of development.
3. Explain site characteristics considered for potential land use development.
4. Identify the historical factors which contributed to variations in economic development across regions.
5. Determine the impact each sector of the economy has on the environment.
- Development and wealth
- Political geography
- Agriculture and food
- Service industry
- High-tech industry
Textbook is required.
General education/Related instruction lists