Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
WR 060 (or higher) or minimum placement Wr/Comm Level 5.
Examination of different cultural traits in the world. Special emphasis on perception of space and landscape, language, world religion and folk and popular culture issues.
1. Utilize spatial skills to analyze and explain cultural variation across space.
2. Examine elements of culture, such as language and religion, and be able to explain the origins, diffusion, and impacts they have on the places where they occur.
3. Understand and explain the characteristics, distribution, and migration of human populations in terms of physical, cultural, and economic factors through formal and informal writing.
4. Recognize the role that the physical environment plays on cultural development and how, in turn, humans alter and/or adapt various environments to satisfy their needs.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of how different multi-cultural perspectives have an impact on how places are perceived, utilized and transformed.
6. Demonstrate a willingness to be part of a learning community.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Social Science
- Cultural Literacy