World Regional Geography II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introductory Geography course that explores the following regions: Latin America, Middle East/North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, East, South and Southeast Asia. Evaluate how culture, politics, economics, history and the physical environment help create differences across regions.
1. Utilize spatial skills to analyze and explain cultural variations across space.
2. Recognize the role that the physical environment plays on cultural development and how humans alter and adapt various environments to satisfy their needs.
3. Analyze and explain the different sectors of the economy and the contribution they make to a region’s level of development
4. Identify the historical factors that contributed to variations in development seen throughout the world and within regions.
5. Understand and explain the characteristics, distribution, and migration of human populations in terms of physical, cultural, and economic factors through formal and informal writing.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Social Science
- Cultural Literacy