GEOG 211 : Computer Cartography
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Develops skills needed to produce maps using ArcGIS Desktop software. Outlines cartographic principles and map use. Emphasis on mapping techniques within a GIS. Intended for students enrolled in GIS or UAS programs.
1. Demonstrate knowledge and apply skills essential to the discipline.
2. Coordinate and manage the delivery of reliable, valid, GIS data including analysis and specialized user needs products.
3. Communicate effectively and appropriately within a professional setting in both written and oral form.
4. Utilize professional communication skills to achieve project outcomes in collaboration with GIS users across disciplines.
5. Research, interpret and apply data/information in the professional setting.
6. Develop and implement GIS services for users who may or may not be GIS knowledgeable.