GEOG 273 : Spatial Data Collection
Spatial Data Collection
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Provides the skills to collect location information for the purpose of integration with a Geographic Information System. The focus is on proper utilization of Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers and data collection. Intended for students enrolled in the second year of GIS or UAS programs, or similar academic preparation (see program director for details).
1. Apply GIS skills necessary to provide geospatial and thematic data.
2. Coordinate and manage the delivery of reliable, valid, GIS data including analysis and specialized user needs products.
3. Develop and implement GIS services for users who may or may not be GIS knowledgeable.
4. Utilize professional communication skills to achieve project outcomes in collaboration with GIS users across disciplines.
5. Work in groups modeling behaviors and values of the GIS professional.