GEOG 275 : GIS Capstone
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Culmination GIS project. Students are presented with a set of criteria and perform all steps necessary to complete the project including: project planning, designing and developing a GIS database, data collection and editing, performing spatial analysis, creating maps, generating reports and presenting of project output. See instructor for details.
1. Apply GIS skills necessary to provide geospatial and thematic data.
2. Demonstrate knowledge and apply skills essential to the discipline.
3. Coordinate and manage the delivery of reliable, valid, GIS data including analysis and specialized user needs products.
4. Communicate effectively and appropriately within a professional setting in both written and oral form.
5. Utilize professional communication skills to achieve project outcomes in collaboration with GIS users across disciplines.
6. Develop and implement GIS services for users who may or may not be GIS knowledgeable.
7. Apply critical thinking and problem solving skill that reflect best practice.
8. Research, interpret and apply data/information in the professional setting.
9. Work in groups modeling behaviors and values of the GIS professional.
10. Perform as a team member employing professional practices and behaviors.