GEOG 280 : Co-op Work Experience GIS
Co-op Work Experience GIS
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Provides opportunity for on-the-job experience in the GIS field. Normally taken summer term, but may occur during any term. See instructor for details.
1. Apply GIS skills necessary to provide geospatial and thematic data.
2. Coordinate and manage the delivery of reliable, valid, GIS data including analysis and specialized user needs products.
3. Utilize professional communication skills to achieve project outcomes in collaboration with GIS users across disciplines.
4. Develop and implement GIS services for users who may or may not be GIS knowledgeable.
5. Work in groups modeling behaviors and values of the GIS professional.