GEOG 287 : Analysis of Spatial Data
Analysis of Spatial Data
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Leads students through the analytical capabilities of GIS. Course begins with the more elementary but useful techniques involving locating and describing features, then proceeds to more advanced techniques based on higher-level spatial objects. Lab exercises utilize the Spatial Analyst Extension of ArcGIS to perform analysis of raster datasets.
1. Demonstrate knowledge and apply skills essential to the discipline.
2. Apply GIS skills necessary to provide geospatial and thematic data.
3. Apply critical thinking and problem solving skill that reflect best practice.
4. Coordinate and manage the delivery of reliable, valid, GIS data including analysis and specialized user needs products.
5. Communicate effectively and appropriately within a professional setting in both written and oral form.
6. Develop and implement GIS services for users who may or may not be GIS knowledgeable.