Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Explores analytical capabilities of geographic information systems. Covers techniques to locate and to describe features and moves to advanced techniques based on higher-level spatial objects. Use the ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension to analyze raster datasets in the lab.
1. Analyze spatial data with geographic information systems (GIS) software tools.
2. Interpret spatial patterns with vector data using proximity and overlay techniques.
3. Model raster data to display spatial patterns.
• Introduction to spatial analysis
• Vector spatial analysis – part I
• Vector spatial analysis – part II
• Geoprocessing with ModelBuilder
• Raster spatial analysis – part I
• Raster spatial analysis – part II
• Raster modeling
• Linear georeferencing
• Introduction to data science – part I
• Introduction to data science – part II
This course will require a textbook.
Grades may be determined using quizzes, class exercises, labs, and exams.