Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Examines intentional and inadvertent human modification of the natural environment and local, regional and global problems it may cause. Includes deforestation, urbanization, resource depletion and climate.
Course learning outcomes
1. Describe how human activities affect natural systems.
2. Delineate geographic distributions of environmental impacts.
3. Understand the process of international environmental problem solving.
4. Understand the complexity and interconnectedness of major environmental issues.
5. Describe the various reasons that historical societies have “collapsed” due to environmental degradation.
General education/Related instruction lists