1st Year German II
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
GER 101 or one year of high school German.
Continues the development of reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Focuses on usage of kennen and wissen, the accusative case and prepositions governed by the accusative, modal verbs, verbs with separable prefixes, forming plurals, the formal and informal imperative, and prepositions. Students are encouraged to review GER 101 concepts and vocabulary prior to class.
Course learning outcomes
1. Communicate and identify family relationships in German.
2. Tell the date and time in German.
3. Express commands using formal and informal German.
4. Use modal verbs, kicking the infinitive to the end of the sentence.
5. Conjugate verbs with separable prefixes.
6. Write personalized sentences in German using the vocabulary learned in class.
7. Discuss holidays, daily routines (telling time), and plans.
8. Locate and identify cities and Bundesländer in Germany (and perhaps in Austria and Switzerland).
9. Form plurals and imperatives.