2nd Year German I
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
GER 103 or three years of high school German.
Continues, after GER 103, with the development of reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Focuses on subordinating conjunctions, reflexive pronouns and verbs in the accusative and dative, genitive, adjective endings, and comparisons. Class begins with a review of GER 101, GER 102 and GER 103.
Course learning outcomes
1. Comprehend spoken German using vocabulary presented during this class and vocabulary relating to the student’s personal interests, health, and daily routines.
2. Translate sentences from German to English and vice versa.
3. Use reflexive verbs with dative and accusative.
4. Implement the genitive case in relation to prepositions and ownership.
5. Compare and contrast in German, use the superlative.
6. Understand and give directions in German.
7. Discuss health, fitness, travel, poetry, and cultural heritage in German.
8. Locate and identify cities and Bundesländer in Germany (and perhaps in Austria and Switzerland).
General education/Related instruction lists
- Cultural Literacy
- Arts and Letters